Axalta Still Cruisin’…Next Stop Is Louisville, Kentucky
How hot will this summer get? How about checking out one of the hottest hot rod shows in the Midwest? Consider stopping by the 47th Annual NSRA Street Rod Nationals Plus at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Kentucky on August 4-7. Axalta Coating Systems (NYSE: AXTA), a leading global supplier of liquid and powder coatings, is proud to support this show as well as more than a dozen other custom car shows across the country this year. We’ll be cruisin’ into Louisville with five dazzling vehicles including:
- Richard Broyles’ 1941 Ford Truck “Mirage” painted with Axalta’s Cromax® ChromaPremier® primer, Sunset Mirage basecoat and clearcoat.
- Retired U.S. Marine Corp Colonel Andy Starr’s one-of-a-kind, special-car order dealer demo 1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport painted by Mike Velek’s Auto Specialties and Restorations with Axalta’s Spies Hecker® Samoan Bronze basecoat.
- Bill and Linnea Currie’s 1932 Ford Roadster built by Dave Lane’s Fast Lane Rod Shop and painted with Axalta’s Cromax ChromaPremier primer, Fast Lane Red basecoat and clearcoat.
- Terry and Sara Rose’s 1968 Chevrolet C-10 pickup truck built by Tim and Carrie Strange of Strange Motion and painted with Axalta’s Cromax ChromaPremier primer, Blue and Charcoal basecoat and clearcoat.
- Fred and Jane Strukman’s 1936 Ford pickup truck built by Hot Rods by JSK and painted with Axalta’s Cromax ChromaPremier Dessert Tan basecoat (exterior), Maroon basecoat (engine bay) and Mastertint® custom-mixed Bright Red vinyl coating system (interior).
- Bob Garwood’s 1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport built by Mike Goldman Customs and painted with Axalta’s Cromax ChromaPremier primer, SpectraMaster® Yellow basecoat and clearcoat.
Axalta representatives will be on hand to offer show attendees examples of automotive art created with our brilliant paint including all of our global refinish brands: Cromax®, Nason®, Standox® and Spies Hecker®, as well as our Hot Hues™ line of custom colors.
Axalta will also feature its 2016 Paint Outside the Can Contest . The contest is an invitation to automotive painters from across the United States and Canada to unleash their creativity using any Axalta-branded coating system to paint and decorate an unused, standard one-gallon paint can.
Submissions will be recognized and displayed via select social media channels throughout the contest. After the contest closes on September 15, 2016, six “Celebrity Picks” will be selected by industry celebrities who will vote for their favorites based on creativity, execution and degree of difficulty. In addition, six “Fan Favorites” will be chosen by fans based on the number of photo “likes” that these favorites received on Axalta’s Instagram page. Finally, one “Best-in-Show” grand prizewinner will be selected from the six “Celebrity Picks.”
To help make it easy to find us at events, visit Axalta’s event website that includes information about the shows and Axalta’s participation. The shows enable various types of car enthusiasts to interact with us, gather firsthand information about paint use and garner application ideas.
To learn more about Axalta, follow us on our North America Refinish social media channels.
About Axalta Coating Systems – Celebrating 150 Years in the Coatings Industry
Axalta is a leading global company focused solely on coatings and providing customers with innovative, colorful, beautiful and sustainable solutions. From light OEM vehicles, commercial vehicles and refinish applications to electric motors, buildings and pipelines, our coatings are designed to prevent corrosion, increase productivity and enable the materials we coat to last longer. With 150 years of experience in the coatings industry, the approximately 12,800 people of Axalta continue to find ways to serve our more than 100,000 customers in 130 countries better every day with the finest coatings, application systems and technology. For more information visit axaltacoatingsystems.com and follow us @axalta on Twitter and on LinkedIn.